Thursday, March 26, 2009

Initial Blog Commencing

For starters, I should probably give you a general idea of what this blog is about. As you can see, there is no mention of a husband and children because no such "family" exists. Don't worry - this is not a sore spot for me. And don't fret - I have 2 cats and hundreds of stories to occupy this blog.




Kidding - no nauseating cat stories.

Promise.

Although the occasional gripping about marriage and kids may creep into my blog, I mean no offense. I've encountered plenty of healthy, happy married people (well, at least a few…er, definitely 1) and more than my fair share of awesome kids. Should the phrase "I hate kids" pop up, I don't mean YOUR kids…I probably mean the kids who's idiot mom decided to bring them to Victoria's Secret on a Saturday in downtown Chicago during the Semi-Annual sale.

A good portion of my life is spent complaining about something but it's all in good fun. If you can't laugh about the things that piss you off, you are the angry drunk talking to himself at the bar that everyone avoids.

If you can't gain some sense of relief from complaining about the downfalls of day-to-day life, you probably have no business reading this blog. Please route yourself elsewhere. There are plenty of web pages that focus on only the bright, bubbly aspects of life. Go there. I hear Rachael Ray's blog is very insightful.

(Note - am just insanely bitter that I can barely pop a bag of Orville Redenbacher in 30 minutes let alone cook an entire meal.)

Well, nice to meet you, blogger.com. For additional information about myself, please refer to the "View My Complete Profile". I'm sure you'll find all (and more) that you need to know there.

FYI - I will do my very best to get a more interesting layout with pictures and graphics and all the fun things that keep our A.D.D. minds amused.

I would like to give a very heartfelt thanks to an equally snarky, sarcastic friend of mine who got me into blogging in the 1st place. Thank you Katie - a.k.a. "Miss Boyz in the Hood...er, suburbs". Please feel free to pass along any ideas and suggestions.
I will make sure that you don't receive any credit for them.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cool, I never give you credit on mine either! ha

Yay, can't wait to read more... does this mean that we need to delete the one that we were super excited about for a day and a half and then never touched again? damn monkeys

And you lie, you totally will tell cat stories.

March 26, 2009 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Yeah - so long monkeys. Although the thought was there but, much like so many other things in my life, the dedication and committment wasn't.

umm...i said NAUSEATING cat stories.

March 26, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home